Thursday, November 5, 2009

Woah! I Blogged!!

Hello Family and Friends!
I know it's been forever since I last blogged...I'm not very good at this. Jinny tells me that I will blog way more often once we have kids. I guess we'll see. I'm unemployed and still don't really feel like I have the time, so I don't know how those mothers do it. Oh well, here goes. I'm sitting here right now as Charlie and his best doggie friend Ryder are downstairs chewing on bones, and who knows what else they are doing...kinda scary to think about.



I didn't really know what I was going to blog about when I first sat down here, but now I think maybe it's time to catch people up on what's been going on for the past 4 months since I last blogged. I think I'll do this chronologically.

July
Very exciting month as we had a wedding to go to in Montreal and decided to first start our little vacation with going to visit the Toffelmires in Hamilton. Always a treat! Went to the Toronto Zoo and Niagara Falls!











Then we took the train to Montreal. In Montreal we stayed with Andrew's aunt Margo and I got to experience real French Canadian culture. In 4...or 5 days...can't remember...I was able to start picking up more and more French as I listened intently and tried to speak the language. I was very proud of myself. While we were there we were visited by Andrew's aunt from Quebec City, Irene, and Andrew's Mom who was visiting from Puerto Vallarta! It was a short but sweet visit. We were very happy she was able to come out while we were there. We did a little touring and ended up going to their Farmer's Market where we brought home lots of super yummy maple syrup and maple butter...mmmm....I'm getting hungry...



The wedding was absolutely beautiful and we were blessed to be there for Jason and Genvieve for their special day.





Our next aventure in July was going to Saskatoon for 2 and a half weeks. There, Colin, Jinny and Liam came to visit and we got to celebrate Liam's 2nd birthday. So fun! Grandma and Grandpa Sankey also came out which made the trip that much more enjoyable. July ran into August and we got to go to Rachelle and Grant's wedding which was the most perfect of days which was good because it was outdoors. From this I was able to reconnect with my wonderful friend Chantel who now lives in Ontario with her husband and little boy Cole...cute little button.









August
We went camping with our friends Dan and Mel Graham...they were lucky enough to spend our anniversary (August 7) with us. Fun times! This was also the month of weddings! My good friend Darcie got married to the love of her life Sam from California and I was fortunate enough to be apart of the wedding and help out with making it happen. It was also a very beautiful wedding...one that I have to admit I enjoyed more than any since my own. Sam cried throughout the whole ceremony...therefore I cried, and it just made it that much better. I'm a sucker for men crying. Besides, they got married at the same church Andrew and I got married in 5 years ago...so special.





(this is the dress I wore at Sig's wedding, only I added the straps)


We also had a wedding after this one...like I said, month of weddings. Andrew was able to set up GuestReel at 2 out of 3 of them and it was a success. People loved it.

September
Deanna came to visit on her way back from Seattle and got me to go real rock climbing. It was awesome!






When Andrew goes on business trips, I'm not usually able to go with him due to me having a job, but since I was jobless, I got to go with him to Chicago where he and his long time friend Stephen had some work to do together while I read most of the time and Kelly, Stephen's wife, worked and on her off time showed me a good time. It was the most fun, relaxing trip I'd had in a while. It was nice to just stay up as late as I wanted, sleep in as late as I wanted, and read as much as I wanted!!!! Knocked off a few Twilight books while we were there and finished The Shack, which I had started on our trip to Dominican. Great book.



October
Freedom Session started up again and this time I was given the privilege of leading worship for it. It has been an amazing experience, and God is already doing a whole lot of work and healing in my life. It's amazing going through the program twice and learning that much more about myself. Just when you think you've got things all figured out and you think you're out of denial about everything...BAM! Back to, well...not square one, but maybe square 2. It hurts, and it's painful, but worth every second as I know that it will benefit not just my life, but the lives of those around me, and our future children.
Andrew and I went to Saskatoon for Thanksgiving for an extra long weekend. It was wonderful spending time with family, and with Grandma who I fear might not be with us for too much longer. Spending time with my family is always a crazy fun time...video to follow at a later date...











Also, of course, I spend one evening with Heidi which was just lovely as always. I love her dearly and appreciate the time she takes to spend with me when I'm in town...for those of ou who might not know, Heidi and I have been friends since I was born...17 days after she was. Good times.



Later in the month, Andrew and I had the opportunity to travel to Vancouver with our friends Stephane and Jackie to see U2!!!! Such a great trip!!!!! We were nuts, don't get me wrong...the trip started with leaving Tuesday night around 6-6:30pm, the girls sleeping for maybe 4 hours in the car while the boys stayed up all night and switched off driving until we got to Vancouver at 4am Vancouver time. We went to Tim Hortons and had the first cup of coffee of the day and then the boys were off to the stadium where they got into line to make sure we could get a good standing spot in the inner circle of the stage. Jackie and I hung out, got lunch, checked into our hotel and then switched with the boys where we ended up meeting a few guys behind us who were Christians and they were nice enough to play Uno and Up and Down the River with us. Fun times! We finally got into the stadium at 5:30pm where we got the exact spots we wanted to stand in, bought t-shirts, and enjoyed 4 hours of first Black Eyed Peas and then U2. Amazing concert!!!! (Skipping on slight negative details such as 3 people collapsing and 3 men smoking pot right beside us)




(the guys Jackie and I played cards with)


(U2...aaahhhh)


This pretty much brings us to date. It's been one awesome, awesome summer and fall and I am thankful for every bit of it!!!! In the in between time, I have pretty much completely reorganized our house...or shall I say ORGANIZED our house, tried to keep the house clean, while job searching. Andrew was wonderful and allowed me to take this past summer off and search for the job that I would really want to do...a position either doing just Word Processing, or being a Report Production Coordinator. Neither really worked out...yet...so now I am looking for administrative jobs. Not my first choice, but I'm trusting God with this as I know that He will put me in the position that He wants me in, and hopefully I will be able to make somewhat of a difference in others lives. Kind of exciting to think about! Yesterday in particular I spend ALL day looking for jobs and applied for a bunch. I got one response back today, so at least I know my resume is working for me!

Well, hope you enjoyed this blog posting, cause you might not hear from me for a little while longer. I love you all!!!!!!!

Christa

No comments: